Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Go!!!!!!!!!!!!! Day one....

Mood:
Positive yet apprehensive. I suspect I will be tasting some pretty funky things in the next few days.

Taken:
10,000 mg Vitamin D3
2 x Livatone
2x Salmon Oil
2x Gotu Kola

Juiced:
Recipe # 18 with some water added...maybe 100-150 mls?

Lessons learnt:
1) Beetroots stain everything. EVERYTHING. So much for my nice new white measuring cups and funnels etc. Anything with beetroot will have to be drunk with a straw so I don't get pink teeth!
2) The juicer is cool but will always need the stick thing to help the ingredients get around
3) While prepping the ingredients I remembered that the author is Australian. I looked at the teeeeeeny beets I was prepping and remembered the beets I have seen in Australia are HUGE. The lemons I was peeling were also small in comparison to what I have seen in Australia. Did the author make the adjustment? To match in size, I used two lemons and three teeny beets to match what I remembered seeing in Australia to the proportions of the recipe.
4) I totally missed adding LFA (grrrr) even after thinking about it 20 times. I will use that in the next juice.
5) I have too much produce. I will, even if I drank 5 juices a day, be throwing out some of the fruit and veg I brought. Lesson learnt: shop only for 2-3 recipes for 1-3 days. I guess I could always eat things? That probably defeats the purpose of a juice fast.....

Verdict:
Okay that was gross. As soon as I opened the canister to drink some, all I could smell was garlic. It tasted wrong. Too much beetroot perhaps and on the whole....not enough actual juice.  I got down about 4 sips before I closed the lid. Ugh.

Juiced:
Own recipe of nectarines, oranges, apricots and peaches. LFA and green tea with mint added.

Lessons learnt:
1) Some fruits have no juice and shouldn't be used for such a purpose!
2) When you add green tea with mint, you are gonna get that mint flavor!
3) When adding LFA...LESS is MORE!
4) Linseed needs to come pre-grounded. The hulls are nast to work around

Verdict:
Too thick with just the fruit, just wrong with too much LFA, green tea added was a help. Now I have a huge pot of juice with LFA. Tastes fine, texture okay aside from the hulking hulls floating in it! I am not a dumb person....why did I not think of this when I was adding so much LFA?!?!?!

Juiced:
Own recipe of oranges, apricots, apples, and a lemon.

Lesosns learnt:
1) There is a fine line between a nice glass full of juice and dealing with a trough of juice
2) Not doing this in the kitchen is going to be a pain. Hopefully we will be in a new kitchen soon!

Verdict:
By far the best of the day, but still quite thick.Too thick to be a flat out juice?

Overall:
A somewhat challenging beginning, but I am not deterred. I have had a few hunger pains, but nothing too bad. I did end up eating two avacados, bout 5 hours apart, and had very little of either of the first two batches of juice. I have been sleepy today but that may have more to do with my sleeping habits of late. My abdomen has been rumbling a little and there is a threat of a headache developing. Again, could be from the lack of sleep. I am considering just eating the low-juicing fruits with a teeny sprinkle of hot sauce so they don't get wasted.

No comments:

Post a Comment