Well I will say that I felt like crap for most of the day....listless, headachy, tired, hot, sweaty.....which progressively got worse. I ate a little pineapple and pomegranate in the morning. I was feeling too nauseated to consider anything else too seriously. About 7pm I decided I should eat...but it was 9pm before I was at Chipotle ordering food. I thought a shower would make me feel better and wake me up, but I was starting to get quite dizzy as I showered and needed to move slowly. The headache, lack of focus and listlessness really slowed me down a lot.
Once I had my burrito I gorged on it, and the whole time I was thinking...I am going to make myself sick on this, I am going to end up with some nasty diarrhea from this....and I did, but nothing like what I was expecting. I actually only felt mildly nauseated once and that was in the last 2-3 mouthfulls of the burrito. The diarrhea was bearable and didn't come with much gas pain at all. I also stopped at McDonalds and got a large Coke and a large Diet Coke (yes, that much...and I drank it all too...my body made me!) About an hour after eating and drinking my headache was gone, I had more energy and was grateful that my body temperature and sweating had subsided.
The mistake I made in this fast was not having enough liquids, and not drinking enough juice on day one. I needed that water to flush out the toxins. I underestimated the headaches I would experience from the caffiene withdrawal and I didn't start this with enough sleep. The symptoms I experienced were my body's way of working toxins out of my system....and the book warned me that it could be bad. No kidding.
I wanted a 72 hour fast and ended up doing a 45 hour fast. I know I could have just gone to bed, not eaten and I would have made at least 56 hours but I couldn't risk how bad I would feel the next day. My headache did come back overnight, I woke to go pee at 8am and was aching...so I went back to bed...when I got up at 12pm the headache was gone and I had energy to shower and get through a ton of jobs and messages.
Conclusion
I am going to do this as a once-a-week thing, but I am going to prepare properly and get sleep beforehand and have lots of water nearby to stay hydrated. I will plan for a 24 hour fast but prepare for going for 72 if the first 24 hours go okay. I will keep up with the Livatone, vitamin D3 and fish oil.
I am also going to work on weaning myself off caffiene and stay away from junk food. Acceptible places to eat will be Chipotle, Roti Grill Indian food and Subway/Potbelly. And any other place where they make food with real ingredients and less fat than any junk food restaurant. Oh yeah....and I could always cook from home. I will also aim to up my intake of raw fruits and veggies daily.
Next time my juices will be more....juicy....and less pulpy.....and less in quantity.....but varied in other ways.....and not taste like dog poop...or have LFA in them..... :)
On the upside....my thyme and sweet basil has shoots!!! And my mint and spearmint has recovered well from being repotted :) I am curious about how much water my mints need, as it turns out, more than I thought. I am wondering if this is true of the other herbs as well....but I am doing what the box says and watering them from a spray bottle. Hopefully enough.
No comments:
Post a Comment