So, the grass is always greener they say.....sometimes I believe it, sometimes I think the grass under my own feet is plenty green :) But not as far as my health is concerned!
I have decided that I need to take action on my weight first before I become so focused on the other things I want to work on. About a year ago my friend Cheri mentioned that her sister had started actually losing weight (after trying for a long time) because someone told her to clean up her liver. This rang some bells with me. Back in my undergrad days I was introduced to a liver clean-up diet by Dr. Sandra Cabot. I started this diet after I had already been losing weight for a while, but unfortunately I started liver-cleansing just as my mind started taking over my will power, and all my dieting efforts hit the skids soon after. However, after two weeks of being on the liver cleansing diet, I remember people were telling me how good I was looking, and I really did feel great.
After thinking about my liver all year since Cheri brought up her sister's success, and occasionally congesting my liver with that fun fluid known as alcohol....I have decided to give my liver a break and clean it out. This is not an unpleasent prospect at all. As well as experiencing a number of the symptoms Dr. Cabot mentions in her book (more on that later) I have had this pain in my abdomen which comes up most days around 3pm. What I believe causes this pain is the underwire in my bra resting on my liver while it tries to support my rather large chest. So, first of all, if my liver were healthier this probably wouldn't be a problem, and secondly...it is a problem that I have gained enough weight that my abdomen sticks out so much my liver and my underwire make contact when I sit down.
I would like to dedicate this blog to my Grandparents, all of whom I had the privilege to know, one of whom lost weight and took care of her liver by drinking lemon squeezed into her cup of warm water every morning and lived to be 95, all of whom lived past 75, and all of whom I am grateful to be related to.
No comments:
Post a Comment