I think it may be worth mentioning that there are a couple of times in my life when a poor liver has been brought to my attention...
1) I had my gallbladder out at age 24. Gallbladder disease is associated with poor liver function I believe.
2) When I was having gallstone attacks and ended up in hospital because the pain was that bad, and my symptoms were not pointing towards gallbladder disease, my blood work revealed significantly higher enzyme levels around my liver. They said afterwards that this was probably caused by my gallbladder, but no one ever checked it again. I wonder now if my liver was already in such a bad state that the enzymes being up had nothing to do with the gallbladder (except perhaps to cause my gallbladder to be diseased?)
3) I have brown liver spots on my arms and legs. The are effectively 'age spots' but they are caused by poor liver function. I can't remember how long I have had them, but it has been at least two years.
4) About three years ago I noticed that my ankles would swell up easily, and my blood pressure had been listed as being 'a little high' on a couple of occasions. I have read in the liver cleansing book that fluid retention and high blood pressure are also symptoms of poor liver function.
No comments:
Post a Comment